Jump to navigation
Boys' Club of New York records. Series VII: Photographs.
Boys’ Club of New York
Boys gathered around ping pong tables at Jefferson Park Clubhouse, East Harlem, New York City.
The collection contains 403 photographic negatives produced circa 1920-1980 (bulk 1920-1950) by commercial photographers on behalf of The Boys’ Club of New York ("BCNY"). The majority depict young BCNY members engaged in a variety of activities, either at the club’s Tompkins Square Building (later renamed Harriman Clubhouse) or at the William Carey Camp in Jamesport, New York. Many of the photographs were published in annual reports, where they served to promote the organization’s work.
Boys--Societies and clubs--New York (State)--New York
Boys’ Club of New York--Photographs
East Harlem (New York, N.Y.)--Photographs
Negatives (photographs)Black-and-white negatives
This digital image may be used for educational or scholarly purposes without restriction. Commercial and other uses of the item are prohibited without prior written permission from the New-York Historical Society. For more information, please visit the New-York Historical Society's Rights and Reproductions Department web page at http://www.nyhistory.org/about/rights-reproductions