In erased pencil on recto: "No 118 C". Military topographic map. Covers the townships of Byram and Green in Sussex County, New Jersey. Shows roads running through Whitehall and Brighton. Also shows buildings and owners’ names, and streams. Pen-and-ink, pencil on laid paper. Soiled, creased and abraded. Mounted on cloth, bound and cropped, disbound and silked by subsequent owners. Cleaned after removal of backings 1999; some fill remains. Sheathed in mylar. Title proper from recto is the work of a later editor--Simeon DeWitt or his assign--subsequent to 1820. Title from verso is contemporaneous with map and may be cited as such. Index title, both statements of responsibility, date, series title and series numbering also contemporaneous, but on separate index sheet filed at head of series. Watermark: dove. Countermark "M W." Similar to Gravell and Miller American watermark nos. 477 and 478.