In pencil on recto: "No 4". Includes brief text. Military topographic map. Covers the townships of Highland and Woodbury in Orange County, New York. Shows roads, buildings and owners’ names, also landforms and streams. Pen-and-ink, pencil on laid paper. Shows relief by hachures. Stained, creased and abraded. Mounted on cloth, bound and cropped, disbound and silked by subsequent owners. Cleaned after removal of backings 1999; some fill remains. Sheathed in mylar. Title proper from recto is the work of a later editor--Simeon DeWitt or his assign--subsequent to 1820. Titles from verso is in Erskine’s hand and may be cited as such. Index title, statement of responsibility, date, series title and series numbering also by Erskine, but on separate index sheet filed at head of series. Watermark: "C TAYLOR" accompanied by Britannia figure, similar to Gravell and Miller foreign watermarks nos. 676 and 677. References: Guthorn, Peter J. American maps and map makers of the revolution, p. 17-22; Heusser, Albert H. George Washington’s map maker, p. 249-256.