Jump to navigation
Notice from the Bureau of Collection of Assessments to the LCU, dated October 17, 1894, notifying the LCU of an assessment for the construction of the 18th Street outlet sewer, recto.
Ladies' Christian Union records, 1850-2001 (bulk 1858-1960)
Series V: Financial and Tax Materials, 1869-1907
New-York Historical Society
This digital image may be used for educational or scholarly purposes without restriction. Commercial and other uses of the item are prohibited without prior written permission from the New-York Historical Society. For more information, please visit the New-York Historical Society's Rights and Reproductions Department web page at http://www.nyhistory.org/about/rights-reproductions
Organization founded in New York City in 1858 with the aim of creating and maintaining safe, affordable housing for young, unmarried Christian women employed in the New York area. Between the years 1860-1922, the organization owned and operated a total of eight buildings in Manhattan. In 1871, the ""Young Ladies Branch"" of the Ladies Christian Union established itself as an independent organization known as the ""Young Ladies Christian Association,"" better known today as the ""Young Womens Christian Association"" (YWCA).