Jump to navigation
From near Ringoes towds the Union. No 119, D
From near Ringo's towards the Union. D No: 119
From Sussex C. H. to Pittstown & Ringoes and back past the Union & from Hackettstown to N Germanton A B C D E F. 119
From Sussex Court House to Pittstown and Ringoes and back past the Union and from Hackettstown to New Germanton A B C D E F. 119
From near Ringo's towards the Union
From Sussex C. H. to Pittstown & Ringoes and back past the Union & from Hackettstown to N Germanton A B C D E F
From Sussex Court House to Pittstown and Ringoes and back past the Union and from Hackettstown to New Germanton A B C D E F
Rough draughts of surveys, begun A.D. 1778 ; 119, D
De Witt, Simeon
De Witt, Richard Varrick
[1780 or 1781]
(W 74⁰56ʹ--W 74⁰51ʹ/N 40⁰38ʹ--N 40⁰26ʹ).
New JerseyRaritan River Valley (N.J.)Hunterdon County (N.J.)
Early works to 1800.
1 map : ms. ; 61 x 49 cm.
Military topographic map. Covers the townships of Raritan and Franklin in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. Shows roads running through Clinton, Sidney, Cherryville, Klinesville, Flemington, Copper Hill, Muirhead and Larison Corner. Also shows buildings and owners' names, landforms and streams.
Shows relief by hachures.
First statement of responsibility from verso text on sheet 119,F of series.
Title proper from recto is the work of a later editor--Simeon DeWitt or his assign--subsequent to 1820. Title from verso is contemporaneous with map and may be cited as such. Index title, second statement of responsibility, series title and series numbering also contemporaneous, but on separate index sheet filed at head of series.
Date of 1780 or 1781 based on verso text to sheet 119,F of series.
Pen-and-ink, pencil on laid paper.
Watermark: "J WHATMAN" accompanied by crest (no pendent initials).
Stained, soiled , creased and abraded. Mounted on cloth, bound and cropped, disbound and silked by subsequent owners. Cleaned after removal of backings 1999; some fill remains. Sheathed in mylar.