Jump to navigation
From Muscanecunk Mountain Past Johnson's Forge to Easton. No 77 C
From Muscanecunk Mountain Past Johnsons Forge to Easton. No 77-C
Roads by Potterstown, Hickery Tavern, Muscanecunk Mountain, Reddingtown Johnstons Forge, Easton A. B. C. D from letter B to the Road from Corriels to Morristown E from near Henry Camps on the Road from Corriels to Morristown to Reddington. 77
From Muscanecunk Mountain Past Johnsons Forge to Easton
Roads by Potterstown, Hickery Tavern, Muscanecunk Mountain, Reddingtown Johnstons Forge, Easton A. B. C. D from letter B to the Road from Corriels to Morristown E from near Henry Camps on the Road from Corriels to Morristown to Reddington
Rough draughts of surveys, begun A.D. 1778 ; 77, C
De Witt, Simeon
De Witt, Richard Varrick
Revolution, 1775-178318th century
(W 75⁰13ʹ--W 75⁰04ʹ/N 40⁰41ʹ--N 40⁰38ʹ).
New JerseyDelaware River Valley (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)Warren County (N.J.)Hunterdon County (N.J.)Berks County (Pa.)
Early works to 1800.
1 map : ms. ; 32 x 39 cm.
Military topographic map. Covers the townships of Greenwich and Pohatcong in Warren County and of Bethlehem in Hunterdon County, New Jersey; also covers part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. Shows roads running through Bloomsbury, Kennedy Mills, Still Valley and Phillipsburg in New Jersey as well as Easton, Pennsylvania. Also shows buildings and owners' names, landforms and streams.
Shows relief by hachures.
Title proper from recto is the work of a later editor--Simeon DeWitt or his assign--subsequent to 1820. Title from verso is in Erskine's hand and may be cited as such. Index title, statement of responsibility, date, series title and series numbering also by Erskine, but on separate index sheet filed at head of series.
Pen-and-ink, pencil on laid paper.
Watermark: "TMW" accompanied by dove; similar to Gravell and Miller American watermarks nos. 658 and 659.
Torn, stained and abraded. Mounted on cloth, bound, disbound and silked by subsequent owners. Cleaned after removal of backings 1999; some fill remains. Sheathed in mylar.
In erased pencil on recto: "No 77 C"